Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October 29, 2018


October 29, 2018- 62 weeks down, 15 to go
Hi mom! How are you?? 
Im so glad that you are doing so well with your scripture study, way to go! Im so proud of you. 
OH wow Dad!!!! Thats horrible... how is he today????
Im glad that you are all doing well.. love the pics... i almost forgot that this week is Halloween!
My week was... crazy again. Probably one of the most frustrating weeks I have had... but it ended on a real good note. 

But maybe don’t send all this info out, just for you guys
So this week was rough... Had a lot of plans, and they all got changed last second. I realized that I have a little issue... that each time something happens that i don’t like or that gives me stress, my stress overcomes me and i cant control my words or reaction. Not that I do anything bad, but I need to react better. And the stress just overpowers me and then afterwards I feel sad., and it’s hard to keep working. So after several events like that passed this week, i decided i wanted to talk to Presidente. Hna Borba and I agreed that I have improved a TON since the beginning of m y mission, but realizing that i have so little time life, it is something i want to master before i return. So Saturday morning after a meeting with the Zone Leaders to prepare for a neat meeting we had on Sunday, Presidente was waiting for me in his office. I wasn’t quite sure how this would go down or what i needed, i just knew that i needed to talk with him.
So We started talking and i starting explaining... and after a few moments he reached out his hand and said Hna Holt, i can hear by the veolocity of your voice that you are not ok.. .give me your hand. I gave him my trembling hand and he put both of his hands around mine and said I cant hug you, but i want you to just take a second, don’t talk, and breath... and cry if you need. So i just started crying and he just let me. After a bit, i explained a little more, and he told me a few things that made me super happy. He said that I was one of his special daughters here in the mission, and that he loves me so much. He said that since i arrived, he has felt a special connection with me, and he thinks its because our personalities are very very similar and he has had this exact problem that i have and is still working on overcoming it. He gave me some tips but mostly gave me love. I asked him why he always says that he loves me, and he says because I have 100 percent trust in you and you are one of the best missionaries i have had here. And I just love you! He had told hna borba a few weeks back that he felt like I needed to be here in Comodoro, so i asked him why he said that to her, cause i haven’t been able to find my purpose yet.. he said that its not for an investigator in specific or for a baptism, although its important, but that he wanted me here in Comodoro because of the person influence and example i am. he needs me here in this area to influence both the hermanas and elders here in a positive way. Made me feel like the most important person in the world, and his love was something close of the Saviors love... I felt like i could hear my heavenly father talking to me through his words. We talked for almost an hour. It gave me a peace and calmness that i haven't felt in a long time.. and until today, i haven't had a single reaction to stress or anything...

i don’t tell you this to boast or to worry you ... but because it was honestly one of the experiences that will mark my mission. I will never forget that conversation. 

Sunday we were invited as Hermanas Capacitadoras and Zone Leaders to a meeting with the stake presidency and the mission leaders of the wards. I felt super official and we had to give a presentation. my voice was trembling a bit, but everyone said we did a fantastic job!

Julio is progressing a TONNN. He came to church again and this week we will get to meet in his house!!! We always meet in the church cause his pareja doesn’t like the missionaries or the church... but he has been talking with her little by little... Tuesday we will meet in his house with his kids.,..and i think Friday we will meet there with his pareja!!! I HOPE! Cause he is ready to be baptized tomorrow, but he’s not married and she doesn’t want to get married....PRAY FOR HIM!! He could be our miracle here before hna borba finishes.

Hna Borba is doing well. 3 weeks left but super calm. She still has lots of back problems and we still go to kinesologia each day, which takes time and patience but its helping a little. I love her so much and don’t know what I’m going to do when she leaves. Presidente is gonna give me special permission to go the airport with her and the other two sisters going home... gonna be interesting.

Other than that, Im doing well. A ton of meeting and preparations for the zone conference with presidente that is this Tuesday. Gonna be amazing, but now me and my comp are in charge of orderning and paying and organizing all the food! ahh! haha!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MOM. I read parts of dads sweet talk... love you guys with all my heart. thank you for always writing and for the pictures
Speaking of pics, i cant find my camera today, but i will keep looking....ahhh....
I LOVE YOU
amy