Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October 22, 2018



October 22, 2018- 61 weeks down, 16 to go


hey hey
yep consejo was absolutely wonderful
Glad Desi responded. Its alright , you are correct, you did the right thing.!
Sweet little Brandon, made me tear up
hahah so funny that you are mothering the hermanas!!!!!! love it!!!!!! Man what a life they have in their mission... having a member that washes their clothes, with a DRYER, who cooks for them and has a beautifulllll home, they have tablets to write their families and don’t have to worry about internet going out in the city or protests blocking their way to the ciber.... but it just makes me happy that YOU are happy and that they don’t have to go through some of the trials that  we have here. Not jealous, I’m grateful for my challenges, but man do i miss the super cushioned protected life style of the States!!!!!!! hahahah sorry for my spoiled little rant
send me a foto of the missionaries!!!!!
tell them thank you for their service and love for my family

my response:
Dad and I talk often about the difference between their mission and yours. I’m sure they’re having some neat experiences and I’m sure it’s exactly what they needed for them. But this mission would never of suited you. You would’ve felt like you were wasting your time -you would’ve felt spoiled and like it was too easy. The challenge the Lord had in store for you was a big one. He saved this special spot in the world for you to come to because he knew how amazing you were and how strong you are and how much you could learn and grow and help people there. Not to speak ill of those that serve in the United States because like I said I’m sure it’s exactly what they need – but it’s not what you needed. You needed a really strong test and trial to make sure your testimony was going to be built up in amazing way. You are such a strong girl Amy- we are so proud of you and  you amaze us so much.

She answered: 
thank you mom, needed to hear that. wow... i hope i can grow and learn from my experiences here! It’s funny, because i  have gotten so used to living here, that I can’t remember sometimes the differences between here and there.
But thank you mom!!!!