Tuesday, August 28, 2018

August 20, 2018

hey momm!!!!
This week went absolutely fantasticcccccccc

So Tuesday was conference with presidente. Went super well as usual. I truly enjoy being with him and being able to talk and hear his testimony. After conference me and my comp had a combined interview with him to go over the plans and the hermanas in our area, the success of Rawson, and other things. At the end, me and my comp both asked a blessing from him. Because in these last few weeks i have been super stressed and exhausted that i cant make it through the whole day. So he gave me this super amazing blessing, super unique... some things that stood out to me where that i am in this calling as an hermana capacitadora because i have a lot to give, and because this opportunity will bless me with more skills and knowledge for the rest of my life. That we are doing things in Rawson that other missionaries couldn’t do, and he blessed me with renewed energy and tranquilidad and a reminder to rest and enjoy. He quoted Mosiah 4:27 in the blessing. It was amazing, and each day after until today i have had a peace and calmness that i have never ever had in my mission before. I’m not tired, I’m happy, calm... my comp was super shocked hahahah. I’m shocked too. It worked haha!!
Wednesday was a lot of travels and meetings, but we had a great lesson with Guillermina. 
Thursday and Friday we were able to get out there and work in the area! Did a lot of contacting and had a lot of success!! We know that it is very very very probable that at the end of this week (because we have transfers) that the both of us will be leaving Rawson, so we want to leave the area full of new progressing investigatores!!!!!!
Saturday we got all ready for the baptism... AND SHE WAS BAPTIZED AND CONFIRMED!!!! It was a beautiful experience, I think my favorite conversion and baptism that I have had in my mission until now. She was so calm and so happy, prepared the whole day reading and getting ready for the baptism. She has never been so happy, and after 45 years, has completely left smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday night we got a message from the asistentes that p-day would be Tuesday instead of Monday... I was super angry at first because I need my p-day bro! My mind was mentally ready to relax. but I decided that no, everything is for a reason, we are gonna give it our best tomorrow. So Monday, yesterday, we went out and worked a TONNNNNN. We had 1 lesson with a member, 7 other lessons, and a new investigator that is of GOLD. It was an AMAZING day and I never felt discouraged because it wasn’t p-day or anything!!! I was so grateful.

Today we cleaned and are getting ready to go to Trelew to be with the other missionaries, to celebrate our last p-day of the transfer together. I cant believe another transfer has come and gone... and in only 4 more transfers I’ll be home... i don’t like how fast the time is going and how when the members ask how much time we have in the mission and we say a little more than a year they all respond.. oh wow you’re basically done. Its like NO chill I’ve still got timeeeee.

haha

Bbut i love you. Thank you for all the updates. WOW ALY IS IN COLLEGE MY MIND CANT BELIVE IT YET. She looks gorgeous. so grown up.... it blows me away. How are you feeling?? How was the experience of taking your second daughter to college???  How are the Pomars, and Calebs girlfriend????????? Tell me all about it

i love you so much mommmyyyyy

amy

Yeah its ok, all the trips and travels and things were just building up in my for a while, and i couldn’t do it anymore. So the blessing really helped, I feel like a new person and I take each day slower now. Its helping me be able to endure to the end! Because the last 6 months are very very very different from the first 6 months. The first 6 you have this energy and enthusiasm to do EVERYTHINNGGGGG and you don’t know anything so time passes slowwwly. But the last six, pass so fast and there is so much to do and I’m already accustomed to this way of life but so much is required of us but we are so tired from a year in the mission that our energy just isn’t the same... so its been a huge blessing to feel this peace and calmness that I feel!!!!!! 
And the baptism was amazing. I have had 6 baptisms here in Rawson, a blessing that i never imagined possible......
I’m so glad you got to spend so much time with the Pomars and that they make you feel so loved. They truly are amazing, and they always write, I miss them!!!!!!!!!

What else, tell me more!
Amy