Friday, August 24, 2018

August 13, 2018


August 13, 2018- 51 weeks down, 26 left


HEY FAMILY!!!!!!

I’m sorry, I don’t have the time to send each one an email... but i read each email, saw each video, got the package....

AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH.

I am so very proud of you all, so eternally grateful that you are my family. You are all so caring, so sweet and attentive to me. You all give me more love and attention than i can ever deserve!

I hope you are well, that you are happy and excited for all of the wonderful changes and adventures that await each one this week. Especially Alygirl, heading off to college. To me, it was just yesterday that i was getting ready to go to BYU, then studying, getting ready to go on the mission,. leaving, and now... a year into the mission? its unreal... the feelings are undescribable. Its so hard, in ways that i never imagined. But its so wonderful. The people, the MIRACLES, the feeling you have watching someone you have taught be baptized. Its an experience unlike any other. 
Seeing my buddies come home.. gotta say, it was a weird weird feeling. Seeing their change and their confidence and happiness has given me the motivation this week to strive to be a better person and missionary, to make each second count. It feels like their mission took a lifetime, but seconds at the same time... and i understand it. it feels like an eternity, but its flying by. i want to make each second count, i want to CHANGE and become a better person so that i  can make my savior proud and use His time wisely here in the mission field.

Aly, I’m so excited for your new adventure in college.It’s going to be an absolutely amazing experience

Ashy, I’m so happy for all your amazing changes, driving, seminary, all these new things. You are getting so grown up

Buddy boy.... wow your voice has changed A TON in that video i watched...freaked me out a bit! You are getting so dang big and i love you so much

Mom and Dad, i love you guys. You are so tender, so sweet and i can’t wait to see you again. take these next 6 months with patience and not with anxiety please…you're killing me a bit haha. I want to hear all about the adventures and changes, but i want to be able to focus a bit too, i know you miss me but i don’t want you to be missing me so much that you are crying! its ok and its only 18 months!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS

Thank you for all that you do. Have an absolutely fantastic week and enjoy the Utah trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Please tell Alan and Cooper that i love them, it was amazing to see them and hear their voices, and that their change is inspiring for me. Tell Alan his Spanish has a weird accent hahahaha kidding. Love those guys so much



LES AMO CON TODO MI CORAZON

-- 
Mucho amor, 
Hermana Holt 



haha i love hearing from you too. I love hearing all of your voices.
Alan and Cooper... wow. have to say, The videos made me cry a lot hahah but its a good amazing feeling. i love them alot... 
and I seriously love you guys too!!! thank you for being so sweet and caring for me, i don’t deserve all of your attention and love!
yes yes don’t worry, i got your sweet package. thank you for the watch too!!!!!!! you guys are amazing

haha yep, i got it Saturday night and it was so nice to get your sweet cards and photos, and you gave me so many things. Thank you so much.
Everything is absolutely perfect, thank you so much.
Made me sad to hear from everyone that you were crying and super sad on my birthday... i didn’t want you guys to be sad! just happy and keep moving forward. love you

So... the baptism went through!!!! Nicolas Vazquez was baptized Saturday night and confirmed Sunday morning! Best birthday present. There was a corte de luz (power outage) in Rawson from 7am to noon on Sunday, so it was hard to get ready in the morning and hard not to sleep in church hahahaha chiste chiste. But for lunch my comp cooked me a pastel de papa, one of my fav foods from here, and a gluten free cake with dulce de leche yeahhhh hahaha! my district leader and his comp came all the way down to Rawson to eat with us , so that we wouldn’t be alone! and they gave me a card and a shirt and peanut m and ms! they are so sweet. then we traveled to Trelew, then to Madryn, to sit in the chapel while everyone (but us and a few elders) had interviews with presidente and hna Salerno. but they wished me a happy birthday and sang to me haha i was so embarrassed but it was sweet.

Cards didn’t arrive, takes a long time haha don’t worry!
We got to stay in a cool hotel last night and tonight too, conference tomorrow. p-day here in Madryn has been great, we saw whales and played in the sand and just relaxedddddddd. ate lunch and just hung out and laughed. I can laugh all day with my zone. i love em to death. The elders are so dumb sometimes and everything is funnier in Spanish hahaha

But I’m happy, I’m doing well. My only concern, after seeing the videos and in this week, is that i am not changing. i feel like everyone always says I’ve changed and I’m changed, but thats a typical thing to say to a missionary. i feel like Alan and Cooper are completely different, and maybe I haven’t changed too much. i want to become better, stronger, happier, more spiritual, like them.

i love you guys so much. thank you for being the best family in the world

PLEASE TELL EVERYONE THAT I READ EACH AND EVERY EMAIL; BUT THAT I HAVE NO TIME TO RESPOND TO EVERYONE AND IM SUPER SUPER SORRY. But  I read each one and I’m so grateful for all of the wonderful people in my life, that they are enjoying my experiences almost as much as i am, and that they are happy and healthy and enjoying their time. THANK YOU!

love u
amy