Friday, July 6, 2018

Jun 25, 2018



Jun 25, 2018- 45 weeks down, 35 left 
hey!!! Yeah, there is a paro general today.... (general strike??) in my pueblo but the Ciber Cafe is open so yay!!!! haha! Here i am!

Thats really interesting what you said at the start of your email about telling you guys about the scary things of my mission.... inspiration? Don’t worry, nothing bad happened this week. But it is really crazy where I am. Mom, its gotten bad here in Argentina, or at least the province where I am. People are out of work, theres no money, everyones scraping by. This week, we were going to have a lesson at 4 on Friday... and at 350 she sent a message and cancelled...and at the same second, Lucia (my converso) sent a message that said she is out of work, has no food, really bad economically, and had to send the 2 boys to their dad (who lives in another part of Rawson) because she cant feed them this week...  so me and my comp looked at each other and we ran to the pension and grabbed all the food that we could (which we didn’t have very much in the first place), made some notes and scriptures and dragged it all to her house immediately. She was so happy  to see us, and to receive the food. When we got there, I looked around a bit, and realized she literally had nothing. And was alone. And sad. It was awful. But until she can find work, thats how its gonna be. Seriously mom, the people are really bad off. There are huge strikes two streets away from my pension where they burn stuff and have banners and break windows for the last 6 weeks. And sometimes we hear loud shots, I don’t know if it is guns or something else. It’s crazy. But I’m not even stressed, its like a normal part of the day for me now haha! But don’t worry, everything is tranquilo with me! 

Good boy Brandon! Whatta good kid. I cant wait to see how big he’s gotten. And poor Aly...That sounds pretty miserable. When is she getting her wisdom teeth out?
San Antonio! Truck! GARDEN! Awww I want your fruits and veggies! You would love the verdulerias here... little veggie stands. We go each P-day to buy onion, potato, bell pepper,. carrots... all that good stuff. I try to cook veggies when I can! They give us a lot of fruit as dessert after lunches.. I’ve even come to like banana now! and oranges a little...although they aren’t my favorite. The apples here are kinda nasty but when I buy peanut butter I try to eat them haha. 

My chicken babies love my veggies HAHAHA I literally laughed out loud when i heard that. I miss your voice!

Ayayay Ashlyn... don’t know what to say. It’s a part of her personality right now, a part of her life. But don’t stress! Just do what YOU have to do, pray always, lead by example, treat everyone the same and with love... and she will have her own experiences that will help her to grow. Let her have her own agency, but just help her to see the negative side of a life without the Gospel. It will all be alright mommy!! Explain to her your worries!

Haha let the kids go get ice cream. Go get it with them! Go do stuff! Do something different, something fun and a little crazy each day! Don’t get stuck in a same boring routine, but don’t go be completely insane either. Thats something that keeps be sane and focused in the mission, we go do quote on quote crazy spontaneous things sometimes to keep our lives interesting and make fun memories together. Just do it! HAHA! I love you!

I’m happy and healthy! This week was super super hard, a lot of lessons fell through. BUT we saw a TON of miracles.... Alejandra, one of my old investigatores, is investigating again and has a baptismal date for... THIS SATURDAY!!!!!! And Gabriel is progressing a ton, waiting on a paper to be able to confirm his wedding date for the 3rd... and be baptized the 7th... he’s pumped..we are pumped...
This last Monday, we were sitting in a bus stop when a lady started talking to us. We taught her right there in the bus stop, during p-day, and put a baptismal date with her for 21 of July.. and she accepted! we had a lesson in the chapel with a member a few days later. the investigator se llama Lorena. Lorena even went and bought a little notebook to take notes on everything we teach! SHES A GOLDEN MIRACLE!!!!!
and yesterday after church, we found a less active sister whose husband and kid aren’t members. We called, and she let us come right over. We had an amazing lesson, and the kid (Luka) had his friend over for the lesson, and it was amazing. We have a return lesson tomorrow or Wednesday!!!! Seriously, huge miracles. Everyone said that Rawson was a dead area.... NOT AT ALL. We have 3 baptisms lined up, and I’ve already had 4 baptisms here since i arrived! MIRACLES FROM THE LORDDDD!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE my comp. She’s literally an angel, and we are already best friends. I’m gonna miss her so much when she goes home. She’s not trunky or dead at all, works a ton (como negras! as we say here in Argenetina) haha. We have so many jokes. She always does my hair or stuff. And i always cook for us two when I get stressed. We have a great relationship haha.

Also, my district is like my family. Elder Fellows is such a good guy, we have become great friends. And Elder Arguello too! I love them!! I am so happy when I'm with them!

I put goals to not speak a work of English this week (because sometimes I slip now that Fellows is here, he doesn’t speak a lot of Spanish), and to have more confidence and stuff. I’m excited for this week! We have two divisiones...and preparing for the baptism, and next week is zone conference... oh boy oh boy

Anyways, ask more questions, tell me more! I LOVE YOU TO CALIFORNIA AND BACK

ames