Friday, July 27, 2018

July 17, 2018


July 17, 2018- 48 weeks down, 34 left- only 30 weeks left actually, this count is off! YEAH!

Hi mom !!! YAY 11 months tomorrow in the mission! Crazyyyy right? And in like 3 weeks I’ll turn 20!!!
Glad you guys had a good week. Whats Dojo Boom?
Today is Ashlyns driving test? Qowww tell me how it goes! I’m excited for her! When does dad get home?

Hate to say it, but this week completely blew. again. One of the longest and saddest weeks of my mission. We didn’t get to work in our area the WHOLE week. We were so busy with my comp getting ready to leave, saying goodbye to people in Trelew and Madryn, surprise visits to the Hermanas, organizing a ton of crap that we have to do, waiting in 2 hour lines to pay huge debts on the pension... a ton of super fun stuff. It was a very sad and stressful week. and on top of it all, my comp went home. Seriously, I don’t want to remember this week anymore. I’m so grateful that today is the first day of a new transfer and a new start. 
Wednesday we were supposed to have the full day in our area to work. as we sat down to plan in the morning, the phone rang. A hermano from the mission that is in charge of pensions. He told us that we owe 3000 pesos on our pension and if we don’t pay today they are gonna cut out gas and light. And the elders also owe 7000 pesos. and the day before, the elders lost their phone and so we ran to the pension to tell them, and they weren’t there....so we ran all over Rawson trying to find them cause NO ONE knew where they were. FINALLY we found them and we went to deal out the mess with the money...ended up waiting in lots of lines and at the end, we got it all paid off in time. By then we were so pooped that we had lunch, did our studies, and then my comp had to start packing and finish some paperwork, and the day had already ended. Thursday we went to Trelew and Madryn so that she could say goodbye to some people. we walked ALL day across the freaking Patagonia and all the people served pizza and bread and noodles and the typical argentine gluten.... so at the last dinner at the end of the day... empanadas with the other missionaries... i was in the bathroom for 30 minutes dying and the elders had to give me a blessing. I wasn’t well enough to travel back to Rawson so we had to sleep in Madryn overnight with the hermanas there. I was dying and think i lost a little weight on the bright side haha. 
Ffriday we had a meeting in Trelew, my comp finished packing, studies, and we tried to visit some people but no one answered. we went BACK to Trelew for ANOTHER cena, and stayed with the hermanas there. Saturday morning 9am we went to the terminal and my comp left. it was super sad, i seriously miss her and her energy. The comp of Hermana Chirinos also went home, so now I’m with her until our new comps come.
Saturday we went back to Rawson for a ward activity i had planned with Hermana Molina. we collected 120 Liahonas magazine, put our information on them, and at 5pm planned to have al the members come and we were going to go around Rawson, gifting the magazines to everyone. Only 1 member came. our ward missionary leader. but we went all the same and put the Liahonas in the hospital, terminal, doctors, and a ton of other places, so it actually turned out all right in the end. 
Then they announced TRANSFERS.
I’ll be with Hermana Crespo!!! The other trainer of Hermana Chirinos! She’s from Buenos Aires. I’ve met her before and she’s really awesome, so I'm pumped. We both only have 6 weeks as hermanas capacitadoras. Hermana Overman (who arrived with me in the mission) is the new companion of hermana chirinos!
And the elders, fellows and arguello, are BOTH getting transferred away. Presidente closed their area. So now I am in charge of ALL of Rawson and Playa Union. NOOOO. haha. I was so sad when i heard. Fellows and i practically cried. We got so close as a district and i love those two elders to death. Now I’m without a district here in my area. alone. Nt super pumped about that part. 
Domingo was great, a part from the fact that a member wanted to kill me cause we never showed up at the lunch. they thought they had written on our calendar for this Friday, but they never did. So when I showed them the calendar after getting my ear talked off by the whole family about how we didn’t show up and they cooked for us and blah bah blah, I showed them the calendar super nicely and they realized they hadn’t written on it.... lol AH i was trying not to get pissed. Just smiled and showed the calendar. 
And now I’m here... writing you guys. My new comp wont arrive until Friday. And this Thursday we have Cosejo in Comodoro. so I'll be in Trelew until Wednesday, then i go in the colectivo alone to Comodoro for the reunion and to meet up with my comp there, and we return Friday. 
And Gabriel stopped answering, didnt get baptized, and NONE of my investigatores are answering or are home when i go by. NONE.

WOWOWOWOWOW did you get all that?

And Im so sorry for all the negativity and sadness in these experiences... i don’t want you to be sad or worried but i don’t wanna cover it all up and say it was a good week either, because it wasn’t. 
But despite it all, i was happy being with Hermana Molina, being able to read my scriptures, look at my photos, talk with the missionaries. 

But today i feel happy. Its a new start, I’m leaving all the crap in last week and looking ahead at a transfer full of activity, new people, new experiences, work, and baptisms. I’m gonna do my best, cause i want to be able to work! I miss teaching the people! I want to find more investigatores that respond , that WANT to learn. We are going to fast for a miracle this week. I’m excited for this transfer.


Soooo yep. 
how are you?
hahaha

Iloveyou. yay for Ben!Nah, just teeth whiting stuff, garments, bra, photos, cards, peanut butter if you can, reeses, zipblock bags too please...nothin else.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. You guys are the best family ever. I miss you and I love you! Despite all the crap, I LOVE where i am and what i am doing. its hard to imagine how life was before the mission!

LOVE YOU
amy