Friday, July 27, 2018

July 23, 2018


July 23, 2018- 48 weeks down, 29 left
It was better than the last. Mostly.
I just got finished reading your email and dads email. 
So glad that you guys are good! I absolutely love the pics... man oh man i wanna go to a country dance!

Monday was pday-
Tuesday I was with Hermana Chirinos in Trelew (i wasn’t in Rawson since Saturday). and we had to wait for the new hermanas in the terminal and say goodbye to Elder Arguello and Fellows. When elder fellows left, i cried like a baby, definitely one of the hardest goodbyes I’ve had to say. he cried too. 
We were able to work a little, but the day passed quickly and we had a lot to do, and i had to go back to Rawson to back my bags for Comodoro.
Wednesday i took off for Comodoro with the other leaders to go to Consejo, our meeting of leaders that we have with Presidente each transfer. We got there at night... it was so great to spend some time with Hermana Borba and my other dear friends again that i haven’t seen in a while.

Thursday was consejo. it was great, I was super tired and it was from 10am until 6pm only stopping for lunch.. but i love being part of the leadership and being able to talk to presidente and help make decisions and feel the love and animo. Always pumps me up a bit.
Friday morning we traveled back to Trelew. I met up with my new comp in consejo Thursday. She’s amazing! She was Hermana Molina’s comp, and also Hermana Chirinos. She served in Andino, my area in Ushuaia, and baptized some of my investigators°! made me so happy to hear all about the branch and the members and my people.
We get along really well. Both really high energy and workers so its been an eventful weekend haha.
Friday when we got back to Trelew we had a meeting with the zone leaders to prepare for another leaders meeting, with the district leaders later that night. and it went realllllyyyy well. there is a lot more animo, because these leaders are all brand new leaders and are obediente and hard working. So we are pumped. 
We only got to work in the area Saturday this week. It felt sooo nice to get out there and teach. I found one new person to teach, but now she’s not answering...so we will see what happens. its so so sad. All of my investigatores left me. All of them. my new district leader looked at my area, and numbers, and said that its basically dead. I got a little mad...then calmed down cause i know that I’ve been working a lot and like you said, its ups and downs and surely  an up will come soon. i think these last few weeks have turned me pretty negative, so I’m trying to improve that

Sunday me and my comp literally ran the ward
Saturday night 10pm bishop told me i was going to give  a talk the next day... so i wrote it Sunday morning. my comp gave her testimony, i gave a talk, i directed the music, she played piano, we said the prayers during the classes.... literally we ran the ward hahahaha

But Saturday.. ok one tender mercy that i saw.
We were contacting, and walking by a house with dogs. i felt like maybe we should contact it, and i looked at my comp and she turned to me and said “Hey i feel like we need to contact that house.” it was neat. So we went and knocked and knocked and no one answered. Finally, someone came out. She was on the phone and when she saw us she said Hey i'll call you back, i need to get this. Me and my comp looked at each other like, Wow thats never happened before. So we started to talk. turns out she’s already received missionaries before, and would have let us in but she had visitors or something. No one ever lets us in, so the fact that she would have was a miracle haha. We invited her to church the next day, she said we could pass Sunday morning and go together! We said a prayer outside with her, and she seemed so touched. The next day, Sunday we were looking for her house. Calle Congreso Nacional. I was sure i knew where it was. so i start going, realize i passed it, so we go up another street. we start walking up this other street, Penaloso, and i realize I’m standing right in front of her house! i realized i mixed up the direction, but the Lord literally guided me right to her front door. It was a neat miracle. we knocked, and sadly, she was asleep so she didn’t answer and didn’t go to church. But i could still see that the hand of the Lord was in my day, even if the people used their agency to not receive us!!!