Monday, June 11, 2018

Jun 11, 2018


Jun 11, 2018- 43 weeks down, 35 left

hey mom!!!

Wow, weird dream eh? haha. I’m too tired to have dreams anymore hahahaha jk


My sweet mom! Yeah, you have no idea how busy this week was. It literally flew by. It was very productive, and I learned a lot. the new responsibilities I have are exhausting, but super fun... its a whole new side of the mission, being an hermana capacitadora in the Patagonia haha 
I am happy with this new calling. Its a calling I’ll have for the rest of my mission. It’s a challenge... but I’m ready to learn! I’m just excited that I get to learn more and grow more. 

Tuesday we were in Trelew the whole day, while the missionaries were arriving for transfers. Hermana Chirinos is in Trelew! My hija!!!!!!! She cried when she got off the bus and saw me, she wouldn’t let go of me for like a minute hug. It was so sweet. I was so thrilled to see her, and that I’m her hermana capacitadora. 

We headed back to Rawson that night, and Wednesday after studies and a quick lunch we headed back to Trelew to catch the colectivo to Comodoro with the elders. We left at 3 and got there at 8 something... 

So this reunion is called Consejo. Its where the hermana capacitadoras and zone leaders meet with presidente....all.day.long. the next day, the meeting started at 10am sharp and we finished at 6 something... man oh man. 

But it was amazing!!!! My head hurt so bad after. But I learned so much and it was so great to feel a little older, a little more in charge. We even had name badges on our desk haha, I felt special. 

I got to talk a lot with Hermana Borba, because she’s also an hermana capacitadora. We talked for hours the night before the meeting. and we had a huge cena with the office and all the leaders. 

Friday morning we headed back to Trelew, helped the new hermanas get settled in, because there are two newbies in my zone... and then Saturday headed to Rawson.... finally, by Saturday, we could work in our own area hahah so sad. 
But the miracles came….
We taught like 4 lessons..... and met with Gabriel, the future husband of a menos activa.... (just like Laura and Marcelo). We had met with him before... all of his family is member but him...and we had a fantastic lesson about family history. He loved it. He told US that he wanted to be baptized.... we put a fecha with him for the 23rd. BLESSINGSSSSSS
Sunday was great, loved church. I love the relief society sisters so much. especially Hermana Barbara, Maxi and Pato’s mom, and Hermana Gladys Brandt. 

Sunday evening we went to an activity of family history in the chapel. and Gabriel and Natalia came!! It was great. I told one of the kids of the ward all about the USA.. He was asking me a billion questions a minute hahaha. 
That night, while we were planning in our pension... Natalia and Gabriel called.  They had been talking about the law of chastity... and Gabriel didn’t understand or like it... so we talked with him and explained and testified. I was nervous at first, because he was asking a lot of questions and didn’t like the answers he was getting... but I felt true power and authority as I testified and taught over the phone with him. We promised him that if they knelt down and prayed together, they would understand and feel the Lord guiding them. He promised he would do it. and today.... THEY ARE GOING TO GO TAKE OUT A DATE FOR THEIR WEDDING: THEY ARE GETTING MARRIED. They are trying to find a time on July 3... pray that they can!!!!!

This week was a blur... a ton of walking, suitcases, traveling, meetings, calendars, spreadsheets (yes mike holland) haha, conversations, cleaning.. planning... AHHHHH but i loved it°°°

I was thinking about you all on Thursday, for Aly’s graduation. HOW AMAZING. I can’t believe that she graduated. I feel so old. I missed being there with you all to celebrate. Good thing I wasn’t... those two sisters of mine are so gorgeous... and I would ruin all the pics with my chubby face hahahahaha

So glad that you got to see the family....

Poor Christy. Send her ALL of my love. I miss them and love them so much.

Everything will be fine when you drive to LV! Just say a prayer. If i can drive with Caleb from BYU to Cali, you can drive to Vegas with the kids. Don’t worry. Be safe

Send my love to Paigey and the fam

Love the pics of seminary graduation

i uploaded 25 pics 

Don’t be a nervous wreck. The chickens are not your kids. But that made me laugh out loud hahahaha you are so funny. yes, i definitely get my crazy stress nervousness from you... thanks mommmm hahahahaha 

I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU
ames

-- 
Mucho amor, 
Hermana Holt