Monday, January 15, 2018

Jan 8, 2017-

Hey hey hey!!!! Whats going on!

Wowza this week was fantastic!! Had its ups and downs for sure, just like every week, but we saw some huge blessings and miracles.

First thing - my comp got some bad news about her family last week, so we struggled with that. Poor thing goes through so much. Im definitely learning how to have more love, patience, and understanding, because she goes through a lot of things I don’t understand, and sometimes I get frustrated because I want to go out and work and she cant because she is too sad or emotionally struggling. So Ive bene praying for more christlike love and patience. And luckily, we were able to have some great conversations and experiences together that helped her to bounce back a bit. She’s a great comp, with such high drive and love for the Lord. We are super different and have our differences, but I think the Lord knew I needed a hard comp so that I could learn some important life lessons right off the bat. 

We got the news a few days ago about Presidente Monson passing away. I wasn’t sad when I heard. Surprised, but happy that he finally passed. I know he wanted to be with his sweet wife again so badly, and he was so sick and frail. He gave it is all during his life. Served diligently and had unwavering dedication. I hope I can give service and dedicate my life in even just a portion of the way he did. 

Well, Friday was probably one of the best days in the mission. We put high goals, prayed a ton, and were super ready and pumped to work. We had no meetings, so we had all day to work. And we were blessed as a result with a TON of teaching opportunities. We had 5 quality lessons, and I was able to testify and teach so much. I felt so happy. We went from lesson to lesson, and felt the spirit so strongly. We were skipping as we walked. Didn’t even matter that we didn’t stop to rest until 10 at night when we returned to the apartment. I felt so happy and recognized the hand of the Lord in each moment of that day. 
But its also amazing how the days can change so quickly.. the next day every single plan fell thorough-- and i mean every plan.and i have to admit, it got to me. I complained a bit and was frustrated. Why, when yesterday was so great, was today so bad? My obedience and motivation and diligence was exactly the same as the day before! what happened? I then realized it wasn’t because i did anything wrong.. although i can always improve.. but the reality is that we are here working with the agency of other people. And we can’t control that agency. We do all that we can, and thats what counts. Sometimes we see the blessings that day, other times we have to wait a bit. But these are the types of experiences that test my faith, patience, and motivation. I am still learning to pass through those rough days with a good attitude and a motivation to keep doing everything. Trials are hard, but I am grateful for them as I look back. 

Marcelos baptism is this Saturday. We have been preparing a ton. We went to his house last night and passed over the baptismal questions. I was nervous that maybe something would happen or he would have a problem or doubt or something... but my worries were in vain, because he answered each question with strong and simple testimony. Its amazing to see the growth he has had since we met in October. And now he is finally ready to make this commitment and be baptized. He is so excited, Im so excited, everyone is super excited. I can’t wait to see the change that continues to happen in his life because of this choice.

He told us that he wanted a big experience, a testimony giving experience, to confirm that this was all true. And that he’s waiting and not having a huge experience and doesn’t know why. 
I was then able to testify that I also have never had a huge testimony giving experience to absolutely convince me that the gospel is true. But right now i can say that I have an unmovable testimony that it is true. Then how did i get it? How did I receive this testimony that i have?
Through little evidences, tiny evidences, each day for 19 years of my life. I never had an angel from heaven come down, or a lighting bolt strike me (hey mom) to convince me of the truthfulness of the Church. But through tiny miracles, tiny blessings and evidences each and every day, my testimony began to grow and grow until today, where I can say with the same assuredly as if i saw an angel come down and tell me, that the church is true. I know it is. And i know that my testimony will continue to grow for the rest of my life, until my life is over and i can see God face to face, and be surprised that I already knew him, knew how he is and how he works and loves us, because i had my testimony and my conviction of Him for all of my life.

I love you all. Stay strong and enjoy each minute of your life. Stop looking ahead and saying Ill be happy when this happens in the future, or when i get to college, or when i get married. Enjoy each moment know, cause you have an opportunity to learn and grow, and soon it will become a cherished memory

I love you alll!!!!!!!!

hermana holt
amy