Monday, January 1, 2018

December 26, 2017
Hola todos!!!

Hope that everyone had a super awesome Christmas, full of love and family. 
First Christmas away from home was a little rough... but not too bad because i LOVE what I am doing. I LOVE having the opportunity to spend Christmas as a missionary, as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, teaching his Gospel, sharing this message of gladness and love with the people of Argentina.

This week was a little tough, because me and my companion worked and worked and worked and prayed and prayed and worked some more... and nothing. People weren’t home, didn’t want to hear us, didn’t answer their phones, or were too busy with shopping and preparations to receive us. That was super frustrating to me. But I see that I have to learn something from this.  I cant change peoples agency. I can do all that I can, and sometimes it wont immediately change people. But I have to have trust that I am planting seeds, that the Lord sees my efforts and will bless us. Maybe not immediately, but he will bless us and the people we are serving. All I want more than anything is for people to listen, because I know the change and happiness that Christ can bring. But I am learning many lessons. Patience and FAITH beings the two most important. I feel myself changing, growing, becoming stronger, better, and more aware to the promptings of the Spirit and recognizing the lessons i have to learn from the trials i am given. Its still hard, but I am learning to enjoy the process. Enjoy learning from my experiences. Patience and Faith. Patience and Faith.

I am so grateful to be here. Im grateful for my family, for the love they send me. For the support and encouragement from everyone at home. There are so many people here who are alone, without family, sad, and hard. I feel so grateful for the multitude of blessings I have in my life, and thats why I am here. To share those blessings with as many people as I can. Sometimes al lI can do is say Buenos Dias and smile at someone as we pass them in the street. And other times I get to give someone a Book of Mormon, and testify of its truthfulness. There are so many ways to share the light of the Gospel. Big ways and small ones too. But they are all of great worth.

I love you all. I hope you always are happy and healthy, and stay strong in your testimony of the truth. I love this Gospel. I love my Savior.

Give a family member a hug, right now. Give them a hug and tell them you love them. There are so many missionaries that cant do that right now. So take advantage of the time you all have with your families. Love them, and express that love to them. Families are the center part of Gods Plan of Happiness for us. I love being able to share that message. I know its true


I love you all so much. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
love

Hermana Holt