Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Amy wasn’t able to write a letter to all y’all this week, but I will share some of mine with you.  Thank you all for your love and support…


from Amy:

I had a good week. Baptism didn’t come through unfortunately... because we are waiting on papers for their marriage which didn't come when they were supposed to! UGH! Satan. Hopefully this Saturday. We are still working with him and teaching and everything, but he is practically ready. Just need those darn papers!

Glad you liked my letter last week. Yeah, its rare but so nice to feel appreciated! haha! I love you guys. Thank you for all your support and encouragement and letters. You are my world!

I hope you are happy and healthy, and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am trying to send all my photos from this week.. I have a lot!
We had a small Thanksgiving as a zone on Friday. Chicken, potatoes, pan, and a carrot salad thing, and pie! It was so great and so nice to be able to celebrate bit! We had to explain to all the latinos what was thanksgiving, but i think they liked the idea (because of all the pie!) haha
We did this crazy hike today to destress and enjoy the nature. 2 hours of straight hiking through mud and forest to get to Lake Esmeralda. BEAUTIFUL. look it up. In the Andes mountains I think. But we hiked for a solid 4 or 4.5 hours, so I’m pooped. But it was worth it for the Lake!!!!!!!

Another week has come and gone. The weeks pass fast, days slow. 3.5 months done. Some days I feel like this mission will never end and that I want it to end, other days i am perfectly content and feel like I can do this forever without stopping. Each day is literally a rollercoaster. ups and downs and ups. But I am happy. Some days are just surviving, other days fly by and are full of joy. But i guess thats how life is in general. Crazy. 
I love the scriptures so much. And I’ve starting reading this talk our mission gave us - The Fourth Missionary. AMAZING talk. I am working hard to apply it to my mission.

Much love,
Hermana Holt