Monday, October 23, 2017

HOLA!

Sorry I've got about 7 minutes to write.. so I'll try to type FAST!

This week was a lot better than the last week. Lots of tender mercies from the Lord. Still had lots of hard moments, but I am learning better how to cope with them. The only things that help in those really rough moments are reading my scriptures and singing hymns out loud with my companion. it really has an amazing uplifting effect that I never realized!

One miracle - 2 of our investiagors came to church!!! We walked with one of them from her house to the church ( a sweet 13 year old girl we found a few days ago whose mom was a member). We were sitting in sacrament meeting with her when during the meeting the door opens, and one of our other investiagors ( a woman named Marisol) walks in! We didn't think she would go, because during our lesson earlier that week she didn't want to go. But we taught her and promised her the blessings she would receive from going. So when we walked in to the chapel, me and my comp just looked at each other in amazement, and after the meeting ended, we ran over to her and talked with her. It was a huge miracle and blessing, Her son is a member, and the only one in his family, and is leaving for his mission soon. SO I think that fact has softened her heart, and now she wants us to continue teaching her! Its a miracle! I am so happy. The only times I feel true joy and happiness is when I am teaching poeple. That’s why I am here after all!

Also on Wednesday I had divisiones with my hermana capacitadora hermana souza from brazil. We saw so many miracles. We found 2 new investiagors that day, were able to give a huge act of service to someone that was greatly needed, and a few other awesome things. I know the Lord is watching over us and guiding us each day!!

The people here are tough - they don't want to change or listen. But I know that I have power and authority from God to teach this gospel. And when we teach and testify, I can feel the spirit so strongly and I can see the people change. Some of them refuse to listen or act upon our invitations, but I have learned that its ok. As long as i keep teaching, testifying, and giving it my best, i will be doing all I need to do. Even some days all I can do is plant seeds in the hearts of the poeple, its ok. I have realized that not everyone will jump at the opportunity to hear a lesson or take the missionary discussions. But its all good. I feel so much joy in the work I am doing here. 
Yes, I miss home alot, and the fam, and my friends, and just being able to sleep in or do nothing! But its only a year and a half. This is the Lord's time. A lot of people are astounded when we tell them we left our homes and families to serve missions. they ask But dont you miss home? Well of course we do!! So much! But this is so worth it. It's the work of the Lord, and I have been called to bring His gospel forth to the people of Argentina. What greater blessing,  and what greater way to spend my time! This time will go by real quick, so I'm trying to make the most of it. The greatest advice I have been given is that it is a Joyful journey, not a grind. The Lord wants obedient missionaries who work diligently each day, but he wants happy missionaries who can relax and realize that they are blessed! 

I love you all so very much.
-- 
Mucho amor, 
Hermana Holt 


PS from Debby- we got the cutest video of her talking with her companion, got to see a bit of her apartment and hear her laugh and smile. Made my week!!!  Love you all, thank you for all your kind words, and your encouragement to Amy -and to me!  

Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission