Monday, October 16, 2017


BUENOSSSS!!

Hope all is well back in the States!
This week was a bit harder than the last... my and my comp were sick for two days in our apartment... but today I am better luckily so we are able to get back to work!

Everyone told me the mission is hard... but man I didn’t realize how hard it would be until I got here! Each day is a struggle... but its a glorious struggle,  because behind each struggle and test is a lesson that is learned, a little more patience gained, and a better listener and companion I become. I realize how far from perfect I am, and that I have to rely on the Lord to help me with everything!

This week we had only 1 GOLDEN lesson... but hey better 1 than none. With Ismael, the same investigator as last week. He is SO prepared and ready to learn. He told us that he has been searching for the truth in many churches his whole life... and only here with us does he feel good and like it could be true! I was able to testify in my broken gringo Spanish that this is the true church restored to the earth. During the lesson, the Spirit brought a scripture to my remembrance to use. I didn’t know where it was, but I opened my Libro de Mormon and THERE IT WAS.. RIGHT THERE on that very page! So then I read it during the lesson, and it helped bring the Spirit and put the lesson on the right track. We set a baptismal date with Ismael.... SO EXCITED !! I love to teach him. It’s nice to teach people who are ready and willing to listen. I know the Lord prepares people for us to help and guide to the church!

I am doing alright. It’s hard, but I love it. I do miss speaking English and being Amy sometimes. I feel like a different person here, for good and bad. I love having little spiritual experiences, little happy moments that show me the Lord is there. I am glad so many people can relate to what I’m feeling. Thank you for everyone who writes me and such... your advice and words bring me comfort!

Funny thing - I woke up Thursday to SNOW! ITS SNOWING:: IN THE SUMMER?!
So crazy!

Shoutout to Cotto for getting her call to SPAIN!!! SO PUMPED FOR HER!

I love my family! The Church is true! God lives! 
Sorry not much more to tell... unless you wanna hear all about me getting sick and trying not to throw up for 2 days! Lol I'll spare y’all the details. 

Also we are still without hot water... i await the day with great umm.. patience... to be able to take a hot shower! 

Also when people ask me and my comp where we are from.. they only ask my comp. When i say Im from the States.. they go Oh yeah we could tell, that’s why we didn’t ask. Its obvious.    HAHA this made me slightly mad but I laughed all the same. lol its pretty funny

Love you all lots. 
hermana holt 

Argentina Comodoro Rivadavia Mission 


PS from Debby;  Amy said to me “apparently I'm impatient and can be hard to live with.. LOl who knew” I died laughing. Bless her heart, she is finally hearing that from someone other than me and her sisters hahahaha.  Poor thing.  :) Thank you all for your letters and support. They mean so much to her, as so many of you can remember and identify with her feelings in a way that helps her.  Thank you!!