Thursday, September 14, 2017

HELLLOOOO EVERYONE

So this week was suppper great. Nothing out of the ordinary...grinding everyday...

Last Thursday we had a district meeting in the evening that I led. It was super super amazing and we made some great goals for our district. We have kept most of them, including speaking only in Spanish at each breakfast, and being 3 minutes early to everything...

On Friday during my IP (Progressing Investigator experience) I had a really cool experience. These little 15 minute lessons to fake investigators are all in Spanish, and its usually pretty hard to try to get our point across. But on Friday during one of the lessons, about halfway through I realized I had been speaking all in Spanish for like a full 3 minutes with no pauses or stumbling! I got the distinct impression that this was due to the Spirit blessing me with the ability to speak. I felt so so happy and super grateful that I was able to say all that I wanted to say in Spanish! 

Sundays are always super great here. They are still super busy, as is every day, but I love how we are allowed to watch devotionals given by Apostles, and we get to attend super spiritual and uplifting Firesides. 

Monday was just a super happy day. I felt the Spirit throughout the day, and I realized as I just focus my attitude on the work, learning the language, loving the missionaries and people around me, that the Lord blesses us with charity and a
joyful attitude. I hope to be able to live worthy of the Spirit always, so that I can always feel this joy and love for the work in my heart!

Tuesday I tried Mate for the first time... its a pretty typical Argentine drink that basically tastes like someone threw some cut up grass in hot water. It was pretty nasty. But our teacher promised us that by the time we leave Argentina in 17 months we will all be in love with mate. I dont believe her..... haha!

Wednesday during PE me and my comp decided to play soccer with our district and some latinos... suprisingly enough we held our own and I even scored two goals! haha. Being in South America, I guess I need to sharpen up my fĂștbol skills so I can play with the natives! 

We listened to this super amazing talk by Elder Oaks on Wednesday. One quote that he said that really stuck with me was ´Temples stand as a witness of our faith in the reality of the resurrection.´ I had never thought of temples in that way before. I am so grateful for the Gospel, for the knowledge that because of Christ's Atonement, we will all one day be resurrected. I am so grateful for this knowledge and for my Savior. Knowing that we all will be resurrected one day and can live with our families for all of eternity gives me the motivation to keep pressing on, and to do what I am doing!

The weather has been better, in fact I think i have seen the sun for like 4 days in a row this week! yay!
Also I found my fav food here - milanesa with jamon y queso and marinara sauce on top. YUMM. 

Each night in our district we do a nightly Insight, which is basically 10 minutes of a testimony meeting, or story time of something spiritual. So last night was my turn, and I shared my mom's conversion story to the Gospel. The story touched everyone in the room, especially me. I am so grateful for the missionaries that shared the Gospel with my mom and my dad's parents, and for their strength that they give me!

I would not be out here in Argentina working for a year and a half if I did not know without a shadow of a doubt that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I am so eternally thankful for my Savior, my Lord. I hope that each day I make Him proud, and that I can continually improve myself and my character to reflect some of His attributes. He is the ultimate example to look towards in everything.

Take care. Les quiero!!!!!!!!!

12 more days here in the CCM then I'm shipped out to Comodoro Rivadavia where the real work starts!
Mucho amor, 
          Hermana Holt