Thursday, September 21, 2017

Week 5! and 5 days until I board the plane for Comodoro Rivadavia! I can't waittttttttt!! The CCM is fantastic, but its not the real work. I can't wait to get out in the real world and actually start teaching people!

This last Friday my district did an English fast for the day. If we said a word in English, we had to do 5 flexiones (pushups). We did so well, and although our Spanish is not anywhere near perfect, it really helped to speak only in Spanish all day long. 

Saturday we had our second/final Proselyting opportunity! Me and Hermana Vernon's area was near the Mar de Plata, and we taught so many people some quality lessons! I was so happy and felt so much more confident in myself and my skills in comparison with our first proselyting experience 2 weeks ago.  We were able to give out 3 Book of Mormons to people and commit them to read and pray about them, and got 3 people to commit to go to church the next day! One of my fav people we taught - a little 13 year old girl (who seemed to be much  older than her years). After getting to know her, teaching and testifying, we gave her one of our Book of Mormons. she was so happy to be gifted the book, that she started kissing us on the cheeks and hugging us and saying that she would read it all! It made me so happy. 

Sunday was such a beautiful day. We got permission to sit outside for a bit in the sunshine. The sky was perfectly blue, the parrots were flying everywhere, and with the temple as our background, it was truly a sight to behold! I am so grateful for this beautiful world! And I love the Sabbath Day so much. I love the opportunity we get to rest from our labors and focus on Christ, and feel the Spirit so often and so strongly.

Monday was a bit of an interesting day..... long story short the gringo elders in the 6week program (my elders and a few others) had a little issue with obedience, so after several meeting with Presidente and a few loving but harsh words that we are on the Lords time, our district got split up and mixed around. So now we have different elders, but it is alright, because I think all of the Elders learned their lessons. Now they ask before they do anything and they are exactly obedient! Lesson to all - be exactly obediente, even when no one is watching, and even if it seems like a small thing. Satan's favorite words are ´¨it doesnt matter, its no big deal, and no one will know.¨´ If you hear any of those phrases before doing something... RUN! :) 

Wednesday I had quite a suprise! Ben Parra (from home) was in Buenos Aires so he came by and gave me a sweet little package from my family! It made my day. I loved all the cute cards and letters, and was especially grateful for the printed out emails of my friends that I had not been able to read. Time for emailing is so so limited in the mission (so that we can keep our focus on our work), so I apologize if I don't respond to emails or only respond with a few lines! I LOVE hearing from you all so much, and I love knowing how your lives are going! So please keep me updated.

Funny facts of the week
EVERYTHING here is dulce de leche. They use it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Its pretty good, and I especially like the Arroz con leche con dulce de leche, and the ice cream that is dulce de leche flavored. LOL!
When we were out proselyting and people realized we were from the states, they kept telling us about all these earthquakes and hurricanes hitting the states and apparently Miami and Florida have been wiped off the face of the earth.... I really hope thats not true, but since we don't hear any news from the states here, I have no idea!


I have had the opportunity to read my scriptures so much these last few weeks, and I have gained so much from them. Its truly amazing how intricate and complex the Book of Mormon is, but yet how beautiful simple it is. As Nephi says, ¨my soul delighteth in the scriptures and the words of Christ.¨ Oh, how I agree with that statement! I could read my scriptures all day long. We listened to a devotional by Elder Bedar yesterday (given in june at the Provo mtc) about the Word of Christ and the prophet Joseph Smith. I have an unshakeable testimony that Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon only through the power of God. Not only does EVERY fact line up and prove it, but the book itself proves it. Read it, I challenge each one of you. Even those who aren't members of our Church. Read it for yourself to see if it is true. I can testify without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that it is the word of God, and that by reading the Bible and the Book of Mormon you can learn of Christ and his love for us.

This will be the last email for about 10-11 days because I am leaving for my mission in Comodoro this Tuesday morning. And so my next P day wont be until that next Monday I believe. So don't fear if you don't hear from me for a bit, all is well. 


I love my family! I love the gospel! And I love you all so much. Stay happy and stay safe. Todo esta bien! 

Con TODO mi amor


Hermana Holt