Thursday, September 7, 2017

Hello everyone!

Wow 3 weeks in the CCM! i cant believe it. I feel like I  have been here for years, but in a good way.

Ok so last Thursday we got to go to the temple, because it was PDay. Super awesome!!!!
Saturday was a big big day - my district got to go proselyting in Buenos Aires! We hopped on a bus at like 11am, and they dropped us off at some random streets in the city, and we walked around for 6 hours teaching lessons, talking, and giving out Book of Mormons! It was super super hard, because everyone speaks quickly, but it was so fun to be out in the real world, out of the CCM. THe people are so kind and everyone kisses on the cheek when you meet and when you say goodbye (which is still super weird for me to get used to haha). I got so many blisters on my feet and I was absolutely wiped after a day of proselyting, but it was so awesome and worth it. I love the CCM with all my heart, but I also can't wait to get out into the field!

Sunday was Fast Sunday, and our fast and testimony meeting during church went so well. I always love hearing everyone´s testimonies! It was especially neat, because during the meeting there was this HUGE lightning and thunder storm going on outside, so when people would pause during their testimonies you could just hear the rain pouring and the thunder rumbling in the background. It made me feel the spirit even more, because for me, nature has always reminded me of God. It was a neat experience.

Monday I decided during physical activity I would try running - man was it hard! I did about a mile before I pooped out. But its all good… I'm going to keep running each day so I can stay in shape and stay focused during the day! 

So Monday evening I had quite an experience - after dinner that night I started to not feel so well. After about an hour, I had to run out of class with my companion because a wave of sickness hit me so hard. I barely made it back to my room, and I was so so sick. (mom dont worry it gets better...). After a while I just sat on the ground in my room because I was in too much pain to move or get up. My sweet companion ran and got medicine, and then she got the Elders from my district. 4 of the elders whom I love so so much came up, helped me into a chair, and gave me a blessing. It was one of the most powerful priesthood blessings I have ever heard. Elder Mooneyham was the one who gave it to me. I truly felt like my Heavenly Father was speaking to me through him, as he laid his hands on my head and promised me that I would get better, and many other things. At the end of the blessing, they left, and within 5 minutes I felt my strength start to return. I could walk and stand up again, which I hadnt been able to do for about 2 hours. I know the power of the priesthood is so real, and that God watches out for us. I am so grateful for those Elders and their worthiness to give me the blessing. It was a very trying and tough, but wonderful experience.

Tuesday everyone but my district and one other gringo district left the CCM for their mission! It was super sad and everyone was crying. I am so grateful for all those missionaries that I got to know so well, they helped me so much and are so wonderful. So for all of Tuesday evening and Wednesday, it was just 20 of us gringo missionaries in the ENTIRE CCM! It was super weird and quiet... BUt kind of nice because we didnt have to wait in line for anything! haha!

Wednesday was my companions 20th birthday! Presidente Benton (president of the CCM) went and bought cartons of ice cream, and we all came down to the comedor in our PJs and had ice cream. It was super fun! After, Presidente gave us a little spiritual devotional. 

This morning we got to go to the Temple again. Even though it was all Spanish, I could understand sooo much this time around!! It was great. 
Also we have been teaching our latina roomates some English phrases - I taught them the phrase 'you are obnoxious' and now they say it all the time. haha its quite hilarious. 

Well, I love you all. I hope everyone is happy and healthy!!! I miss you all and pray for you every single day.

MUCHO MUCHO MUCHO AMOR

Hermana Holt

PS I asked her "What does hablo queso mean? I speak cheese??” 
She answered:  "haha yeah i forgot to explain-

it was something Elder Nash in my district said when he was trying to take a picture of the latinos for them.. he tried to say 'say cheese'. we all died laughing