Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October 1, 2018



October 1, 2018- 58 weeks down, 19 to go
Hi!!

I’m glad that you guys had so much fun with Aly bear home for her 18th birthday!  I absolutely can’t believe she’s 18.... blows me away. Hope you guys had a fantastic weekend.
Well, my week was pretty interesting... Wednesday night I started having some pain in my chest.. and Thursday morning I had full blown bronchitis to the maximum... no voice , a cough that made my companera want to go running away.. We ran to the doctor and they said it was a minor infeccion and gave me a pill for pain... by Saturday i was even worse and was having lots of problems breathing. Hermana Salerno sent us back , and they took scans and said I had bronchitis and gave me the correct pills. But they didn’t want to give me an inhaler, even though I couldn’t breathe well. So Presidente  figured out a way to get one, and the zone leaders came and gave it to me, and helped me a ton...  Sunday we weren’t allowed to go to church because I was still so bad, but today is the first day that I have my voice back and i feel a lot better!!!! I think I should be able to get back into the swing of things tomorrow or Wednesday. A week in the pension is awful. But yay.. thats my update... super fun.
But the good side is that Tuesday we had divisions  and it went well, we walked until we couldn’t move our legs and talked with everyone that we could. We found an awesome family that is interested, so now the hermanas are going to teach them!!!! And we found them as we were in a colectivo (bus)! Miracles for talking with everyone. 
Wednesday we worked with a lot of members and found a few new people to teach!!!!   We had a bunch of lessons and it was great. 
Sunday night during our planning session, we realized that we had come from having 2 investigatores, to having 7 !! That made us super happy. 
During this week of bronchitis, I had a tonnn of personal study time haha. But i am so grateful,  because i was able to learn soooo much about the gospel and the scriptures. We studied and studied and I felt the Spirit so much and learned so much. As a mission we are reading Doctrine and Covenants, and its absolutely amazing and so full of miracles and things that just absolutely prove that the church is TRUE.

In a blessing an elder gave me Saturday, he said I would gain something from this experience of being sick... and he was right. I gained an even stronger testimony of the church. I have felt the company of the Spirit in every moment of this week , and have felt so calm and so much love, even though I was in so much pain. I never felt sad or anxiety, just love and peace. It was a great blessing. I feel that I have truly become more converted to the gospel and to my mission in this week than in the last 13 months.

i love you guys. I’m doing well. Hermana Borba has been taking great care of me, and I’m recovering. i love you all, think of you and miss you! 
amy

Thank you for telling me all about your Sunday. Makes me so sad, so mad, so useless and frustrated .... i dont even know what to do. But you are doing everything perfectly, i am so proud of you. And thankful for the other Debbie. haha. I wish i could have been with you riding to church that morning to help you! IM SORRY IM NOT THERE: I really am. I wish it could be easier. I love you with all my heart
I’m sorry ash is being so dang hard. It’s easy to see in her emails that she is so wrapped up i her world, it blows me away. Aly’s emails are so uplifting and whole.. and ashy.. i just don’t know why she has to pass through this ugly phase but i hope she can come out of it soon. I love you and the minute i get home I’m going to be with YOU and help you and talk to you. I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU

Thank you for updating me. Thank you for telling me about your Sunday lesson in RS; i love it and needed to hear it. I often feel like i am so weak, and my weaknesses make my sacrifices not enough... ugh. But i understand what you said and will remember it
I’m so excited for conference!!!! ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING: they are preparing us and telling us there are HUGE changes coming to the Missionary Work....oh no! haha

I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART
amy