Monday, June 11, 2018

May 21, 2018


May 21, 2018- 40 weeks down- 38 left!

hi mom!
aww i love the pictures. The chicks ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!! oh my goodness! Bandons first mutual! So many firsts!!

haha aww glad your week went well! I seriously love all of the pictures!!!

How are you? doing good? i miss you lots!!

This week was good! well, I’m not in Comodoro. Turns out we are leaving tomorrow morning at 9am. but I’m in Trelew again, we are going to stay overnight with the leaders. 
Soooo...... we had a baptism on Sunday! MAXI! The son of hermana Barbara. it was kind of a surprise baptism, cause we were waiting for confirmation from Barbaras future husband Brandon, who lives in Utah, to come down, because he wanted to be the one to baptize Maxi. So i think it was Wednesday, Barbara tells us that he bought the plane ticket and was on his way! So we scrambled and finished up everything that we had to do so that Maxi could be baptized (he’s 8 years old), and he was baptized Sunday night! WOWOWOWOW!!!! Poor thing, was so nervous... he’s kind of scared of going under water , so after the baptism when he came out of the water he was so scared poor guy haha. I gave the talk on the holy spirit. So sweet. Such a sweet miracle. He doesn’t count for the missions numbers, since he is only 8 years old, but he counts 100 percent for me! 

This week absolutely FLEW mom... like it scares me how time is passing now... I hit 9 months last week.... and its almost June..... what the heck. i don’t even remember what else happened this week. I know it was a short week, with all the planning and the meetings in Trelew and everything, we couldn’t teach a lot. But we still had miracles. 
For us, an average number of lessons with members would be like 3 to 5 in one week. and in 2 days, we have 5 lessons with members!!!!!!!!! We were so happy, so grateful. it was truly a tender mercy for us!!!!

Alsoooo i decided i needed a change... so today, about an hour ago, a hermana from the church died my hair blonder... haha makes me feel good to have a change. love this hermana! i love talking with her, she’s so great. she even drove us to Trelew today, and its like a solid half an hour!!!!!

Been getting along pretty well with the comp.. until this morning she had a little explosion and i got ticked too cause I cleaned the bathroom and she didn’t like how i cleaned it so she recleaned it and made us late in leaving... ugh. ugh ugh hahahah but oh well. 

The one big bummer of the week, thats still got me sad... is that Sunday morning ( Sunday during church Lucia and her kids were going to be confirmed members of the church) we passed by Lucias house to walk with her to church... we got there, she took like 10 minutes to answer, and when she did, she was all dressed ready to go. but she told us No no hermanas I’m not going today.   
wait what why not.. its your confirmation
Because its really cold outside and I don’t want to wake the boys up
Butttt you walked to your baptism in the rain last week
But its super cold so we will go next week
But its your confirmation, you cant miss it
I know
ummmm
...
...
...
This is really important Lucia
I  know, sorry, next week.
Closed door.


Welllllll so we walked away, super dumbfounded... stopped and said a prayer. i felt like i had to call the asistentes to president, Elder Signh from Cordoba. i called and told him, and he said i should go back and say a prayer with her 
So we went back, knocked, she answered the door confused and slightly annoyed
we asked if we could say a prayer with her, and she said
no no no i said I'm not going today, the boys are asleep
(and right when she said that, someone walked past her behind her, i couldn’t see who it was, but i think one of the boys)
See you later hermanas 
Adios.

ummmmmmm

So then we walked to church, super tristes, and had to tell the bishop that it wouldn’t be today.

Buttttt tthen we had a miracle... Gabriel, the boyfriend of Hermana Natalia, came to church!!!!!! and stayed all 3 hours and loved it, asked a lot of questions. It was great!!!! 



Also, Saturday night,we had a capilla abierta... open house? We were in charge with my companion of the room about Christ, we had to give our testimonies to each group that came in. it was great. We saw a lot of people (well, like 40 within 3 hours) and received a great reference of a girl that has 17 years. 

Andddd that was my week. i feel great, happy, tired and worn out, but great. i feel old in the mission now haha. I’m super excited for conference tomorrow seriously

And guess whattttt!

I HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO HAVE A PERSONAL INTERVIEW WITH ELDER PACKER OF THE 70, JUST LIKE WHEN ELDER BRAGG WAS HERE!!!! I’m one of like 5 people in the mission!!!! WHATTTTTTTTTTT I’m so stoked!


Anyways i love you, answer soon, 

you are my world!

amy