Tuesday, May 15, 2018

May 15, 2018


May 15, 2018- 39 weeks down- 39 left!
hola a todos!
Wow this week literally flew by...I don’t remember what happened... only on SUNDAY. I think i was probably the BEST day of my entire mission.

We had the baptisms of Lucia, and her two little boys Santiago and Sebastian. 
They were investigating the church for the last 8 years... but when i arrived here in Rawson 3 weeks ago, the first day we met with them Lucia told us that she was ready to be baptized, that it was finally her moment. That she had felt the Spirit a lot while reading the Book of Mormon, and had come to know that it was true. She was willing to do anything to be able to make this covenant with her Heavenly Father and be baptized. 
So we had their baptisms Sunday night, as a family. It was an experience that I will never forget.
When Sebastian came up out of the water, his little face just shone with joy. Made me so happy. Makes every moment of this long journey WORTH IT when I get to see another one of God’s children take the first step in returning back to him. I’m so blessed! Sebastian said “ I can’t even remember the bad things I’ve done!”

I’m doing super well. I’m super happy, every day is an adventure full of miracles and struggles, but that’s what makes the mission so wonderful. I absolutely love what I am doing. Even the hardest days are so wonderful, because its the hard days where I feel myself growing and learning and changing!

I KNOW without a doubt that this is the church of Jesus Christ on the earth. And I'm not afraid to say it. I KNOW it. By reading the book of mormon, I know that God has a plan for me. He loves us! He loves us so much, and blesses us each day. Sometimes we forget about him, or don’t do the things we know we have to do... but he is there, with his hands stretched out to us, wanting to help us along the road back home.

I love you guys. Thank you for your love and support always. You mean the world to me. 

Know that I love you and feel your prayers. My investigatores feel your prayers. You sustain me in each moment!

This week i hit my halfway mark, 9 months. I cant believe it. Time passes so fast, we have to use the most of each and every moment. Or life will pass us by in a flash! 

Make the most of each moment this week. Focus on the things that are truly important, that will have a lasting impact. Focus on your family. They are the only thing you can take with you after this life. Nothing else really matters!!!! families are the best!!!!!


I’m super tired, we have two areas now and are constantly traveling to and from, and also the the city Trelew. But i have learned to plan our time effectively and be grateful for the opportunities that I am given. I love where i am serving. The patagonia is amazing!!!!!!!!!  The people here are so distinct but so wonderful. 

It’s beginning to rain a bit,... winter is finally arriving! I miss the sun already haha!


LOVE YOU ALL have a great week

amy