Tuesday, May 15, 2018

April 30, 2018


April 30, 2018- 37 weeks down 
Hi mommy! 
WOW THE PICTURES. Thank you for all the pictures. It made me feel like I was there, in each of those precious events! 
WHY IS EVERYONE GROWING UP SO FAST. Turning 16. Going to prom. Getting married. OH MY GOSH. I really feel like I’m so



darn far away now, in another universe. 

So glad everyone is doing well. Sorry I’m writing so late, time got away from us shopping and cleaning and nap... haha. But here i am! 
I sent a few pictures by email, and I’m going to put a video in my google drive for Brandons birthday.

Ugh mom why are you guys so far away? Why is everyone changing? I feel left behind. sadness haha. 

So glad you had a good week. So glad everyone is happy and healthy and doing well. 

This week went decently for me. Week 1 of this new transfer. we moved to our apartment in Rawson (because now we work out of Rawson but still work in Playa Union also). It was a busy week, trying to get to know the new area and visit all the investigators. A lot of investigators progressing, but a lot of challenges with each one. But the good news is this week we put 3 baptismal dates, and they are all pretty firm! Pato and Maxi, bueno, just maxi now, will be getting baptized this SUNDAY! WOOHOO! He’s 8, and so precious. His older brother Pato was going to get baptized too, but now he doesn’t want to because of some reasons, so we might have to wait a bit more with him. 
Also Maria, one of our new investigatores, loves the church a lot and is reading the Book of Mormon, and accepted a goal of a baptismal date for the 19th of May. And Lucia, an investigator of like 8 years, finally accepted a date for the 20th of May, and has 2 little boys that now love going to church. We had a family home evening with them, and they loved the activity I planned that taught about the holy ghost. i sent pics of it. and they are progressing a lot now! 
So thats the real good news from this week.. lots of investigatores, and they are progressing. we are going to start seeing baptisms starting this Sunday! I’m pumped.
The week was hard too, my compa is still a bit of a butthead each day. I think she has spoken like 5 sentences to me since Saturday. oh well. She’s really stubborn but its all good, pushing through it. I love the elders in my district, they are awesome. Elder Arguello from Paraguay, and Elder Fellows from Idaho, brand new in the mission and doesn’t speak a lick of Spanish poor guy. 

I feel great. not sick, doing great and happy. Happy knowing that i will hit 9 months this month. Its crazy right? Time goes fast and slow. I feel like I always say that but its true.
Wow your pics made me seriously feel like I’m there with you. It’s so hard to believe I’m so far away, i think thats really hitting me now seeing all the big events you guys had go on this week. 

But all is well. I’m happy. studying hard, working hard, and trying to enjoy each minute.

love you mommy dear 

ames


and:


Glad you are doing good! Yeah it sure is a double edged sword... makes me so so happy but sad at the same time.  i love being part of it, but hate seeing all that I’m missing... yikes! haha!
YOU make me so happy! I love writing you too and seeing whats going on. I miss you guys lots mom! but doing well. feel really comfortable here. Struggling in moments for challenges that i have, with the compa, the investigatores, the stress i put on myself, tiredness, but its all part of it and the sacrifice is worth it. i gave a talk in sacrament meeting this week about sacrifice and the missionary work. everyone said that they liked it, and it touched one of the investigatores of the elders a lot, and helped her decide to push her baptismal date up... and she was baptized this Saturday!!!!
Also this Sunday i gave the gospel principles class..w e arrived and the teacher wasn’t there.. so i said id give it, didn’t even have time to read the lesson... but i idid it! it was a good experience

i love you guys. i miss you. but its all good in the hood


i love you so much. thank you for missing me. that makes me feel not forgotten. sometimes i feel a little lonely, but i try to imagine you guys there, in the normal life, and i remember that you all exist and its ok!

LOVE YOU
ames