Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April 2, 2018


April 2, 2018- 33 weeks down

WOW Happy Easter!!!! Sounds like you all had an absolutely wonderful week! Saw all the pics, watched the video and loved it all. Love hearing you guys talk about me in the video and seeing how cute you and dad are... how normal everything is... blows my mind. Loving all the new clothes you guys have! Mom you look super skinny!

Yeah man General Conference was AMAZING. it was like Christmas day for us haha. I watched half in Spanish, half in English. Its more powerful in English cause its their actual voices. and WOW we are getting a third temple in Argentina!!!!! We were so excited, crying and shouting hahah! And in Russia, man the work of the Lord is REALLY speeding up here in these last days. How crazy. Conference touched me so much, my favorite talk was the last one of the Saturday afternoon session about family history work and how our ancestors can help heal family rifts now in this life. I loved it and it made me cry a ton haha! And hearing the prophet speak so many times was so amazing. I felt the confirmation of the Spirit each time he spoke, that he truly is the prophet. Its an amazing feeling to hear a prophet speak. 
Easter was basically like any normal day, but I made eggs and potatoes and pancakes from corn flour in the morning with my comp, which was nice and a little like home. We made tacos as a district for lunch, then went and watched the Conference sessions. 

Monday we traveled early to Trelew, an hour away, for interviews with presidente. We were there for a few hours, and my interview went real well. I love talking with him, and I could see in this interview he has a lot of trust in me. He asked me if we should keep my area Playa Union open, if there is potential, he trusted my opinion completely, and I said yes there is potential, so that means when the transfer ends in 3 weeks, we will stay in Playa for at least one more transfer beyond that to get some real work in! The grind is on hahaha. we are working like DOGS i tell you. We taught more lessons this week than i have in my whole mission. 25 or something like that. Inviting EVERYONE to baptism, and saw some really amazing experiences and have new investigatores. I have gotten to testify of Prophets and of the Gospel and Christ more in this week than I have in a long time. It was so exhilarating. I love this work. Its so hard still, but man its amazing. 
Monday evening the missionaries from Puerto Madryn arrived, cause we have conference joined with them. So i got to see some old buddies, including Hermana Borba (who was there for a presentation- elder homes, hermana batista, hermana bushmann ( who i communicated with before the mission) and a few others that I love dearly! Such a nice break and nice opportunity to talk and chat. 
Today was conference. from 9am to 5pm.. super long and amazing as always. OH AND LAST NIGHT. we got to stay... IN A HOTELLLL!!!!!!!!! I had a real bed, with a huge thick mattress and pillow and sheets and a shower with high pressure and a huge huge clean bathroom and oh my gosh i almost cried because it was so nice to be in a clean nice room again. All the missionaries were so happy. Its nothing compared to hotels I have stayed in with you and the family, but man it blew me away that I was blown away haha. I felt so spoiled and so happy! 
I learned a lot in Conference today.  I feel older now haha. There are lots more missionaries that are younger than me, and when I say i have almost 8 months and have been in Ushuaia they all look at me like wowww how cool are you haha makes me feel good. And I feel 100 percent comfortable in Spanish which is super great. We even got to watch the movie Coco as a zone last night. SUCH a funny movie, we were all dying laughing and singing the songs under our breaths hahahaha

Man I’m so glad you all enjoyed Randolph so much. I want to go there so bad, to live there in a such peaceful country like environment. That’s my dream too haha. 
Awww and how fun you got to see the Pomars and spend time with the Lees and Sims and everyone, birthday cake and Easter and everything. whatta time. So glad you guys are having so much fun!

Did my package arrive home yet? Because if it did, i wanted to ask for two small things if possible... a few more of those small black slip socks i use, cause i every single one i have have  huge holes already, and a cortaid, a small one.
Also one thing.. if you can’t do it its TOTALLY fine.. but I’ve already worn through two of my three pairs of shoes.... and if you could send the black ones again it would be so awesome but if not its fine, they still work and are functional.. As long as it doesn’t rain much because they’ve all got a few holes in them now from walking so much hahah. But if its expensive or whatever then don’t worry about it, I can find more shoes here maybe. 

But yeah thats it. I’m doing good. i feel happy and am adjusting real well. Time is going fast. So many things are changing and progressing. Almost half of my mission goes home in June and July, so some big changes will be coming up.

well, mom, i love you. i love you so much! take care, i love your emails.  I  miss you so much!

ames