Wednesday, April 25, 2018

March 12, 2018



March 12, 2018- 30 weeks down

Hi mom! so yeah you listened to the recording.. couldn’t type all that so yeah...

last week wasn’t hell week... this week was. but its all good. maybe I’m laughing too much cause I’m in shock.

SO IM GETTING TRANSFERRED TO......

TRELEW (playa union) !!!!!!!!

Tomorrow at 5am I'm going in colectivo for the joyful 30 hour bus ride to Trelew.... my comp is from Samoa and Utah... she has like 14 months i think? and we are both companera mayor so basically we are gonna be able to work a ton and baptize MUCHOO.I’m so pumped to not be trained or be training... although Ii do really like training. I’ll arrive there sometime Thursday I think.

AW I loved your email, your videos!!!!!! made my day seeing the video of the family all happy eating dinner... i cant believe that this exists still... I forgot all about what the house looks like, what you guys look like... AH! hahah!

haha you talked to presidente?? He’s amazing. yeah, they cant get involved in packages and beg us not to fedex them... I didn’t know you were gonna do it like that or i would have told you other wise... sorry- so is it gonna arrive or no? its all good don’t worry at all. Presidente is literally the best person on the planet i love him so much.

So glad that grandpa is improving. I was so sad and worried and crying a bit after I printed out your last email and read it, broke my heart, but what a miracle. what a miracle. I hope to see part of that as blessings from my service. I loved your email, but absolutely hated it at the same time, cause I wanted to be there with you guys.

Wow way to go Aly. She’s so smart, so strong. I was thinking about her a lot this week, about what’s she’s gonna do now... I think thats a really smart idea to go to Idaho for a semester, then Provo. I believe its a Not Now, not a No also. She’s amazing. I hope she is still happy and making the good decisions necessary with Ryan, mission, and school.

Also, how is it already March. this week I’ll hit 7 months. 7 months mom what the freak. Ill be home in exactly 11 months today i think. whattttt in the world. 

Thats good dad went to the baptism.. how did it go with Grandma? she writes me a lot, which is good. Makes me happy. I hope things are improving at least a little bit.

But despite the hell that broke lose this week, i saw miracles. we had SEVEN investigadores in church. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN MY AREA. I was so happy i almost cried. and now 4 of my dear investigadores are getting baptized this month... right after i leave ushuaia. in my heart they are my baptisms... but i know it doesn’t matter. it hurt to have to say goodbye to say many people yesterday. especially Alejandra and la familia Lira. i love them so much. They all gave me so much thanks for my work and example and diligence. made me so happy. and saying bye to Laura also was so hard. we cried. but she is so happy to hear that you guys want to go to their sealing in buenos aires, was telling everyone about that. haha 

Hope you understood what we were saying in the recording. To be short and not give details, there is a lot of disobedience here in my area and district. So I tried to correct things with my missionary leaders, then went to presidente, and when presidente began to change and fix things, all the crap got thrown on me for correcting things. I’ve been called in church by my ward mission leader a servant of the devil... attacked.. hated.. and yesterday all hell broke loose when hermana simons called emergency divisions and all the missionaries of andino and the zone leaders arrive at their house... i had to keep one elder from fighting the other that told on his disobedience... the zone leaders stood up for me when that same elder began to attack me.. the hardest part was that this elder is my dear friend. and the things that happened between us two was all miscommunication. So with both of us crying, we talked it out and explained everything and cleared up a lot of stuff. I asked permission from the leaders right then and there to hug him, because after the conversation and fights that were going on, i couldn’t leave in peace with just a handshake. i couldn’t, i was dying instead and so was he and everyone else. Everyone was so hurt and so done. So they gave me permission and i hugged him. and he cried. It was so hard... but i say all this because it happened and i want you guys to understand whats really going on right now for me. not gonna lie and say i had a good week.. i didn’t. but i feel happier now. stuff is still going done, but i feel better. learned a lot. and there is a whole lot of changes in Ushuaia right now. but its all good in the hood. i don’t want you to worry. i think I’m officially a grown adult now, dealing with the leaders of the branch and the mission and all this... what more do i need hahaha. 
but I’m happy to be leaving tomorrow and having a new start somewhere far away. but ill definitely be leaving a piece of my heart here in Ushuaia. its my home, i love it so much. i grew up here and learned so much. i love the missionaries, the people, the members. i love them.

so i uploaded a butt load of pics and a video

oh yeah!
we hiked up to a glacier here in Ushuaia last p day and took a lot of sick pics. it was amazing. 3 hours of straight up to the top of a mountain where the glacier resides. i sat on top of it and ate a alfajor, so basically my life is complete. i went to the end of the world, sat on a glacier, and ate argentine food. yeah not much more i need to do with my life


sorry for the novel. i love you. you look so pretty in the pics and video.

i hope everyone is happy and healthy. 
love you guys

ames