Monday, January 21, 2019

December 17, 2018


Hello mom!! How are you?

Wow, quick week right? Sounds pretty simple on your side, but fun! Christmas Tree decorating and spending time with the fam and with the ward. How sweet! Cant wait for that. Love all of the pictures, Koda bear is in almost every one.. wheres my Ginny girl? 
Love hearing from you guys. 
Not counting but... 8 weeks! Christmas is right around the corner and our Facetime! I almost forgot about it, seriously, it doesn’t really feel like Christmas because December is passing so darn fast. I’ll be Facetiming Christmas day, 1130 or 12 my time, so like 730 or 8 your time. Mas o menos. We will be skyping in the Church i think, there aren’t really any members with computers.  Does that work for you all? Concert is this Friday and Sunday. Have you seen it online? Its amazing right? Ya know what..? I helped write and organize it :) 

I’m so glad you guys are all well, safe, happy, tranquilos. I pray for you all each night! I hope you have a fantastic week and Christmas!!!!!!

My week just absolutely blew by. Tuesday I had divisions with the hermanas de Centro. Oh boy. They are a tough pair but I survived. I was with the hermana that finishes her mission in 5 days, so she didn’t really give a crap about anything. I hope in my last 5 days I keep working. It’s been a blessing; this week I haven’t thought about home and I’ve worked a whole ton and felt so happy and just tranquila. We saw lots of miracles this week. 
Wednesday we had some meetings in the morning with the zone leaders and in the evening we visited a menos activo that we had found knocking doors. HE LET US IN! You know how many times people let us in to their house knocking doors? like maybe 5 on my whole mission. So I was in like shock and we read about the birth of Jesus in Luke and he said the prayer! It was great, his wife is not a member. But they were a little wishy washy about letting us come back, so we will see what happens
It feels so good to work and walk and teach. Seriously, I’m going to miss missionary work so much. 
Thursday we had a miracle. A few Saturdays back, we had a clothing donation service activity and a woman and her daughter came, we got their direction but they don’t live in our area. Weren’t super interested in receiving us. But  a few days later, they knocked on our door (out of the blue) begging for food. We realized pretty quickly it wasn’t a coincidence, and confirmed their direction and fixed an appointment. They were happy to receive us. We went Thursday, and Valeria was so happy to let us in. She has 4 little kids and her husband. They are SO humble mom, their house is on top of a hill made of plywood and doesn’t have a floor. NO bathroom, no kitchen, just a square house with a hole in the ground as a sink and a oven and stovetop. It was shocking. But we went in and began to teach. 
Saturday, as a service project, we bought a bunch of food with the elders and brought it to them as a Christmas present. (They literally didn’t have food in the house.Nothing). Valeria was so  happy she almost cried. And her kids, sweet little Belen thats 10 years old, hugged us and hugged us. She’s a doll. We sang hymns and taught about the plan of salvation. We invited Belen to be baptized the 5th of January and she said yes! It was a special moment. And Sunday morning, we walked all the way to their house, and walked with them to church! WE BROUGHT A FAMILY TO CHURCH! A FMAILY OF 6! THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME IN MY MISSION! I was so happy. AND MANUEL our investigator showed up too!!!!!!! It was a miracle Sunday. The zone here is changing a TON! We are gonna have lots of baptisms at the end of the month and the beginning of January. Its a miracle!!!!!! Its’ giving me a lot of motivation to keep working and doing all that I can.
Thursday and Friday we had a crazy time getting to Las Heras (3 hours in bus) for divisions. We left at 4pm and didn't arrive until 1am in the morning because the route was cut and it was a crazy mess to get around. And the colectivos are NOT comfortable in case you didtn know. LAs heras has a trio of hermanas, a new hermana in the mission being trained by sweet hermana reeves, that only has 4 months in the mission. They are 100 percent alone. There are no missionaries within 2 hours of them. Its crazy hard but they are so tough and had a baptism this Saturday. We had divisions Friday, i was with hna reeves who is from Utah and it was great. I felt so old and wise haha she asked me so many questions and i could help her a lot. 
We left the next day at 5am and didn’t arrive until noon. Presidente gave us permission to just sleep the rest of the afternoon ahhhhh so nice seriously we were dyinggggggg

So that sums up my week. I’m happy and healthy and enjoying my time and working hard. Not thinking about home but just trying to keep improving myself!!! I miss you all and love you so much. But the time is going fast so i am not worried. Trent comes home this week! I CANT BELIEVE ITT!!!! Thats insane.... we wrote our whole missions but these last 3 weeks I haven’t heard a word from him. But let me know how he is I hope he arrives well!!

Hey I have a few favors hahahah
...
for the week i get home (preferably before Sunday) can you fix an appointment for me in the dentist and with the hairstylist? and maybe with Greg too. I would love it. I feel super gross and missionary-y haha and would also love to go buy some good makeup thats not crappy and from Argentina hahah!!!!!! What do you think?

I love you guys so much. 
YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER
amy