Thursday, September 13, 2018

September 12. 2018


September 12, 2018- 55 weeks down, 22 left

hi mom!
I’m so sorry that Monday we couldn’t write, internet outage, Tuesday was Super Consejo all day, and today there still isn’t any internet..but we found a place in Centro with a few computers that have internet so here we are! Yay!

How are you? I love hearing from you and seeing the pictures each week! You guys all crack me up.
I’m sorry you feel a little lonely with all the trips and the kids and dad being gone...thats hard. But hey it would make it all easier if you moved to Randolph and could hunt on your own property and be close to dad... just saying... could be neat.... haha! Love you.

Poor kiddos. But way to go Brandon. Such a stud. I’m so proud of him. I can’t wait to see him as a Missionary!

I’m doing well. Yes, yesterday in Consejo I mentioned to Presidente that Marce and Laura are getting sealed the 13th and I’m leaving the 12th... he said he thinks its fine, but when he arranges the flights for my group he has to change it, because all the groups leave here Tuesday at 8am and get to Buenos Aires 1030 am, and leave Buenos Aires 8pm for the States. So it would be me arriving the 12th at 1030 am , staying the 12th and 13th, and the 13th (Wednesday) at 8pm taking the flight to the States. PLEASE do not email him this week or the next week about this... he is dangerously sick.. during Consejo he couldn’t even see straight and we had to run to our pension and get some pills and then later the assistents told us he had to go in an ambulance, cause he is really sick..... poor thing the whole mission is praying a ton today... because we have conference this week and he couldn't finish giving us the talks in Consejo and now everything has to be cancelled and the poor guys just cant get a break.
But we will figure it all out! HEY mom 5 months today... not to be trunky... but in 5 months from today I’ll be home!!!!!!!!! WHAT

I love you! I’m glad you had a great week.

This last week was insane for me. We had so many things to do, problems that the Hermanas had so we had to spend a lot of time traveling to help them. We have 3 pairs of sisters. one lives 15 minutes away, super close. the others live 1.5 hours, and 4.5 hours away. So when we have to go check up or help them or divisiones, it means a TON of time in colectivos. And it means that we don’t get a whole lot of time to work in our area.... but i have learned that the Lord knows He gave me other responsibilities apart from working in my own area, so wherever I am, or whatever I am doing, its for His work and He will bless me for it. It has been a grand lesson, because at first I was super stressed that we weren’t getting any time to contact and teach people in our area. But we are doing all that we can and making it happen. We have 2 investigatores that need a ton of prayers, they are so close to baptism, have testimonies and EVERYTHING, but they just can’t say yes. Juan and Brianda.

My comp cooks like a boss. It’s great, because we eat suppper good each day, but bad...because i think I’m going to gain weight with her hahahah.....
It’s still super weird being with her. Its neat, because we connect really well. But this week we had a few more struggles, not bad, little ones...but things like she makes all the decisions without consulting or wants to have everything under her control... but we’ve both grown up a lot so we were able to talk about it openly and make some goals to be able to participate more equally...its slightly frustrating at times, but I guess i need to learn a little more humility and patience still... haha! But she’s a doll. and her brother is going to have a baby! a girl! And she will be home for her birth, so she is over the moon.

Its super weird being with so many missionaries. I’m so used to being in Rawson so far away from everyone and everything... and having 16 or more missionaries in my ward and presidente living 5 blocks away is super trippy sometimes. But i like it, its just a little hard to get used to it!

I miss being in Trelew a lot still, being with the zone. 
Yesterday was Super Consejo, a huge meeting with all of the leaders of the mission, and it was so neat to be able to see all my old friends from other times and other areas. Elder Beltran, Elder Poggemann, Diderickson, Hermana Crespo... it was a blast. and I really enjoyed this consejo. I love being able to participate and add and answer... at one point Hermana Salerno didn’t want to pass me the microphone anymore because she wanted other people to talk more! haha whoops. I just love the Spirit of Consejo and all the revelation and inspiration we receive!!! We have some big changes... some are hard to explain, but apparently there is a new Preach My Gospel 2.0 that is coming out next year, and we are changing the vocabulary we use in the mission and some of the planning techniques.. so its gonna be neat! I hope it helps us! And I heard about the new book SANTOS, Un Estandard de la Verdad that the Church published.. I wanna read it so bad!!!!!

Don’t know what else to say, these last 10 days passed so fast and so many things happened... i can’t remember any of it!!! I try to write things down in my journal, but its amazing how in 13 months i feel like i have had like 5 lives... haha!
I love you guys so much. Take care

amy

i accidently left my camera in the pension so i cant send pictures.... SORRY MOM!!!!!!!